5 Fast Tips to Motorcycle Safety!
There’s nothing better than hitting the open road on a beautiful day. While it is easy for the excitement to overpower the safety, there are a few basic things to check on before heading out:
- Tires: Check for proper inflation, know your PSI rating so you can properly maintain them, checking when cold is best. Check for unusual tire wear, ensure tires are undamaged, look specifically for broken spokes, and quality of tread.
- Lights: Not only is it important to have working lights, it’s the law. Ensure that all head lights (high and low beams), brake lights, turn signals function properly.
- Controls: Cables can become easily disconnected and things could change in the blink of an eye. Making sure all cables are in acceptable condition, inspecting your clutch, and brake levers are in smooth working condition.
- Fluids: Having an insufficient oil level will damage your motorcycle. While checking your oil, also ensure there is enough gas for your ride.
- Kickstand: An underestimated component of your bike, check that it’s attached properly, not seemingly loose or bent.
The adrenaline of a bike ride is exciting and the stories behind your rides when you tell them could be just as thrilling. Please use the above tips to make sure you are here to tell them.
Andy’s Auto Service in Bridgeville, can give more tips and even help with a new paintjob for your bike…just give us a call at (412) 478-9304 or visit us online at www.andysautobridgeville.com.