Avoid Accidents While Driving!
Oct 1, 2015
- Do not drive tired – Be well-rested before and while operating your vehicle.
- Do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. – Do not drive when you’re sick.
- Do not drive distracted – Turn off your all distractions such as your cell phone. Do not apply make-up while driving. Do not read the newspaper, text, email while driving. Don’t let go of the steering wheel to eat or drink.
- Keep a safe distance from other vehicles – Leaving a lot of space in front, behind you, and on each side will allow for wiggle room if indeed you have to maneuver suddenly.
- Keep your eyes moving- Check your mirrors often, check your space around your vehicle often. You need to get and maintain a picture of everything that’s developing outside the car.
- Make a habit of using your turn signal. If other drivers understand what you’re doing, they’re less likely to get in your way
- The difficult part: self-control. Let people who want to drive faster pass you. Don’t worry about showing off. Who cares how fast your car can go? So what if you have to wait an extra light to get through the intersection. If someone blows their horn why not just let them pass? So what if you decide to let the bicycle cross the street? It’s no big deal if the truck merges in first. In other words, relax. Driving is not at all about competition.
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!